Shot Notes X Quick Start Guide - Final Cut Pro
Shot Notes X, is a simple application that takes a file of notes and other metadata from ScriptE, Movie Slate or in the form a CSV file that follows a specific format. This CSV can be created in a variety of spreadsheet apps, exported from various on set script supervision apps, and Shot Notes X provides a template CSV. Shot Notes X combines this data with clips from a Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premire XML, into a new XML with complete metadata. In the editing system the metadata is completely searchable via the search tools, and is available in the list view allowing editors to quickly find the shot using their notes.
Use your favorite spreadsheet app to take notes on location or while watching dailies, then use Shot Notes X to bring those notes into Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
- • Import XML directly from ScriptE
- • Import XML directly from Movie Slate
- • Matches notes with the XML data either by file name, clip name, or timecode
- • Add scene and take metadata
- • Add note metadata
- • Add camera angle metadata
- • Renames clips using scene and take metadata
- • Export a list of clips with common metadata from your XML that can be opened in spreadsheet apps to aid in logging
- • Export a template shot log to take notes in while on set
- • Shot Log is easily imported into FileMaker Pro
- • RED to match by filename only needs first 8 characters
- • ARRI to match by filename only needs first 9 characters